Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Are you for real?

Well,  let me start off by saying that the program we are working on  is titled demo04, a partner program to it is called open,  and the two equations are called Van_der_waals and equation1.  

My Partner had sent me an email,  where he sent me the text to demo04,  and barely modified anything on it when he said he was going to work on it Saturday.  We will refer to my partner as Abe...which isn't his real name.  But this is the internet and all.

And I am all for giving people another chance, but how many chances can you give someone and get screwed over every time before you stop?  and I was at that point.

Me: Did you only modify demo04?
[it was the only thing that appeared to have changed in the files he sent]
 Abe: yes, what else I should do? Tell me i'll look at it now
[yes, I would love to hold your hand right now and explain it all to you.  How did you know this?]
Me: Well,  looking at the homework we need to implement the second method.
[a way to solve our problem.... its basically like choosing which equation to use]
Abe: I'm looking at equation1 now, should I change it to the same as he showed  us in hw sheet?
[that makes absolutely no sense.  you need to change it in a different file, not in the equation file.  you know what, maybe he has an idea of how to do it.  Lets hear him out]
Me: How would you implement it into the program?
 [please have a valid reason]
Abe: I'm not quite understanding what you mean to be honest.
[what the heck.   what do you mean you don't understand.  This is one of the simpiler concepts.]
Me: Can you send me it as a text?
[let me see what the hell he is talking about]
Abe: The email you mean?
[No shit Sherlock.  Actually, if you could just beam me a piece of paper to look at.  That would be great]
Me: Yes.  Please send equation one as a text file
[...play nice lydia....]
[why are you taking forever Abe.....] 
Abe: I sent it as a text to ur email
Me: Ok.  I got them.
[Lets see what the hell he is talking about.   Hopefully it makes sense.  Though it probably doesn't]
Abe: No problem, maybe  it didn't open cuz it was sent from mac!!
[what?  whatever.  dumb reason.]
Me: I got it the first time. I just needed equation One.
 *looking at email*[what the heck did he do.  This makes no senseUnsurprisingly]
Me: How would modifying equation One help?
[this makes no sense.  you clearly have no clue what is going on.]
Abe: i'm not sure if I should change it to the same one as the one in the hw sheet
[that doesn't matter in any significant figure right now while we are just trying to make the program work]
Me: Equation One isn't called on anywhere in the program
[what he sent me didn't work with each other as it should have]
Abe: that's right I just looked at it, do you you think it's in demo 03?
[No its not. it's in open.]
Me: I doubt it.
[no chance in hell]
Abe: I'll Look
[and you won't find it]
Abe: I'm trying to do something about it
[about not being right?  you're doing awesome]
Me: About putting in equation One?
[Is that what you are trying to do?]
Abe: I guess
[you don't even know what you are doing do you]
Me: Why wouldn't you just have it inside the program
[ok.  lets try to lead him in the right direction....maybe he will even get it!]
Abe: i don't have matlab and I'm using MacBook
[wrong.  he doesn't get it.  How the hell is he doing anything right now then?]
Me:....then how are you editing any of this right now?
[maybe he's actually at school working!!!]
Abe: On TextEdit on MacBook
[What an idiot.  really.]
Me: So while editing it in TextEdit, why can't you add the formula there
[make it happen pleaseeee  Abe.  I don't want to have to do all this right now]
Abe: In equation 1?
[no dumbass.  Get it thru your head that we don't manipulate equation one.]
Me: Or in open.
[lets explicitly tell him where to do it.  That will work]
Abe: I'm doing it now in the equation
[are you kidding me.......]
Me: Ok.
[Thanks for creating so much more work.]
 Abe: I just emailed u equation 1 with the new formula but I'm not sure about the program honestly
[....great]
Me: Ok.
Me: You just changed the commented part.
 [he basically just did nothing.  He only changed the part that doesn't run at all and is just meant for human eyes.]
Abe: Do you know what should I do?
[Yes I do.  But that's the point of a team.  so we share the work.]
Me: No Abdul, I don't know how to do it right now. I've been busy with family things, and haven't really look at it since Friday when we were supposed to meet.
 [Ha! that will guilt trip him.  maybe he will understand now!]
Abe: It's ok we can look and ask about it tomorrow, hope the family are good tho!!
[you don't deserve to know anything about my family.  And we arn't going to ask about it.  If we just put our thinking cap on we can figure it out.  Our teach isn't going to explain everything to us.  we need to think]
Me: Can you be in the lab at nine tomorrow
[lets just get this over with]
Abe: 9 is good
Me: Are you sure?  Cuz you didn't make it last time
[that Friday he wasn't able to make our 9am meeting.  The reason he gave?  his AC broke the previous night so he stayed at his friends apartment.  Oh, by the way, it was 55 F out the previous night.   And you could tell in the rest of our classes he was so hungover.  hmm... I suppose he had a great Thirsty Thursday.]
Abe: Sure
[you better make there, damn it.]



No comments:

Post a Comment