Monday, September 17, 2012

How Do You Find the Mole Fraction?!?

Well,  Because I'm an idiot, I cannot remember how to figure out how to do a mole fraction.  Which is what my physics homework was having me do.  For the one book problem we were assigned.  And I cannot remember how to do it properly.  :(

But I know how to guess and check to figure out the percent of Boron10 and Boron11 in naturally occurring Boron. (which is a mixture of the two, by the way.)  So that is how I solved it.  Which means all the math on my paper is useless...  but who cares.  :)  I have it finished!

Well.  Minus the part where I have to figure out if the differentials are exact.  I'm very unsure how to do that and don't want to do a bunch of work for nothing, so I will wait and ask my friend Danielle who is also in the class how she went about doing it.  Then I'll do it correctly!


Additionally:

I know this past Saturday I might have seemed negative, or boo whoo my life sucks-ish,  but that is not what I wanted it to appear as.  It is just what is going on in my life. And I'm ok with my mental issues.  I am pretty good.  I am happy.  Even my therapist says I seemed different, a good different.  Which she agreed it was due to me be happy.

But this weekend and past week were a good reason to be negative. 

About a week and a half ago, my Grandma started falling.  She first fell and hit her back against this plastic case on the ground.  and then fell out of bed another night.  Last Tuesday they (my Uncle and Grandma) went to the ER to get her checked out.  The doctors X-rayed her back, and it was fine.  But last Thursday she fell coming out of the bathroom on the change from tile to carpet, and apparently broke her pelvis. She was ok that night, and went to bed,  But in the morning she couldn't get out of bed.  So my uncle called 911 and they took my Grandma in an ambulance to a hospital.  They determined that she broke her pelvis in two places, and finally figured out how to manage her pain meds to give her relief.  Sometime either today or tomorrow, she will be transferred to a Nursing home to be able to sit around and relax and heal.

My dad was supposed to be released from the hospital on Saturday after having being admitted on Tuesday of last week for his very last round of Chemo!  But he ended up getting a high fever,  and convulsing,  called rigor,  where the i sounds like a hard i.  Like I am going to the store. So it was determined thru some blood tests that my dad's port (where they put the drugs in strait to his heart) was infected and the infection has spread thru his whole body.  So they have him on three antibiotics.  It is a good thing they were easily able to determine what the problem was, and of problems to have, this is one they know how to fix.  Additionally, because this was his very last treatment, they are removing his port today to prevent further infections. He should be coming home later this week.  Probably Thursday or Friday,  because they need to finish the IV antibiotics (they will be done Tuesday night) and then I'm betting Wednesday is the last day he'll have a fever, then Thursday he will have as his 24 hour normal control time  making sure nothing else goes wrong.

So there's an update on my life!  :)  I will keep you informed, and thank you for reading!

I have to go program now, because the lab finally opened.  YAY.

(not yay)

No comments:

Post a Comment