Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stupid Boy.

So I, like any other college student, am on Facebook.  And on the side of Facebook they have those lovely little ads that say so and so is using a certain a certain app, or likes a certain product.  Lately one ad in particular has been showing up.  I have modified it to respect the boy’s privacy.  As you will be able to tell if you are familiar with the product why I am so annoyed when I see it.

He has been using Zoosk (click here for the link to the Zoosk website) lately, or so I have derived due to the ad constantly popping up.  And they pop up when someone recently likes them.  And well.  He is my only friend who has ‘liked’ said product.  And it has only recently been showing.  Aka after he broke up with me. (if you want the story of how he broke up with me,  click here)    So after seriously debating asking him to change his security settings, I figured out you can hide certain ads.  And I disabled the Zoosk one.  When you click on the disable button, there is a survey that shows, this one in fact:
 And you can see the last few words I typed.  Well.  That was the first thing I actively did that was semi-childish about the breakup.  Which is not that large of a childish action because it is probably anonymous and never will be read.  But this is the whole paragraph I wrote to whomever reads the other reasons as to why I unsubscribed to that ad:



I do not wish to see that my ex boyfriend who broke up with me because he is "too busy" is suddenly using this dating app, zoosk.  And having to see he is using it all the time (it is usually the ad that pops up when I am doing something on facebook) is most upsetting.  Did I mention he broke up with me by changing his facebook status to single without talking to me first?  oh, I didn't?  well.  There we go.  So I don't mind seeing other people using it.  I just do not wish to see that The Boy  is using it [facebook username: I wrote his username here].  So this is why I wish not to see this ad, my bad, sponsored story about him.

So this is my ranting about the ridiculousness that is this stupid boy.  Thank you for taking the time to read this.  And I hope you found it mildly amusing or something positive.
 photo lydsawkwardlifegmailcom-09_zpscb920196.png

No comments:

Post a Comment