Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pentacle & Phi Facts

So I was going through some of my old papers, and I found a list of facts about pentacles!  I know I enjoy facts, why not share them?
 
I think I gathered these from the Da Vinci Code. 
 
Pentacle Facts:
  • Assossiates with Nature Worship
  • The ancients envisioned their world in two halfs, masculine and feminin.  When balanced there is harmony, when not in balance there is chaos.
  • The planet Venus makes a perfectpentacle every eight years
  • venus and herpentacle become a symbol of perfection, beauty, and the cyclic qualities of sex.
  • The eight year cycle was used to organize Olympic games
Phi Facts:
  • Is considered to be the divine proportion, 1.618
  • Is the number of female bees to male bees in a honeybee community.  [f:m=1.618]
  • Apparently its the ratio from your Shoulder to fingertips : Elbow to fingertip
  • Hip to floor : Knee to floor
  • head to floor : Belly button to floor
  • In a pentagram the lines automatically divide themselves in the Phi Ratio.

 Well.  Sorry if this isn't that fun.  I just needed to get them out of this book.  And I do like them.  Feel free to add more facts if you know any!

 photo lydsawkwardlifegmailcom-09_zpscb920196.png

No comments:

Post a Comment