Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What is Poking all About Anyways?

On facebook you can poke another person.  To which I would like to inquire as to the purpose of when one pokes another person, using facebook. 
 
I know when I poke Mara, it's just no big deal. We're just goofing around. 
But when my ex, aka, the Boy pokes me - I just have no clue what is going on in his head.  Before we started to date, this is how he began to flirt.  This past Sunday was his birthday, and he decided that his birthday was the ideal day to poke me.  So naturally I was wondering what should I do?  I wasn't planning on wishing him a happy birthday.  I wasn't ready for that.  But he initiated contact with me.  So I texted him, 'Hey. Hope you're having a good Birthday!'  He never responded.  Naturally that annoyed me. Why don't you respond to me?  You're the one who initiated contact today.  Why do you not text me back????
So I decided to poke him back, and then messaged him, "hey! Hope you're having a good Birthday!"  That's two exclamation marks.  So much more exciting.  haha.  But he eventually said 'thanks' to it.   I decided that was an inadequate response. In hopes of making him feel awkward and try to force him to start a conversation, I said 'No Trouble.'  Sadly that tactic did not work.  he did not talk to me the rest of the evening. 
Monday Morning he began poking me.  Naturally I cannot let him win.  So I kept poking him back. Because he cannot win.  But what if this is him flirting with me again?  I cannot date him again.  Well.  I Shouldn't.  I am tired of being alone though.  And he is so nice... and comfy.  And fun.And I miss making out with him. It was fun. BUT, lets be reasonable here.  Religion, well better stated, his lack of religion is a serious issue for me.  And I don't think he is comfortable with me having faith. That isn't a great equation fora goodlong relationship.
Silly logic.

 photo lydsawkwardlifegmailcom-09_zpscb920196.png

No comments:

Post a Comment