Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas, Round Two

Well, this Christmas was unique.  This was the first Christmas without my Uncle, and also without my Grandma. 

The Surviving Uncle who isn't blood related...was quite the character.  He had gotten a few beers into him.   And well.  His lack of a filter was a lot worse than usual.  Last night an amber alert was put out for a 20 year old mother and her 17 month old son because they were kidnapped by three men wearing hoodies.  All five were Black.  Thankfully the Woman and her son were recovered a few hours later.  When were talking about this incident while preparing the food and a few people were hanging out in the kitchen, he exclaims "oh, you mean that [n-word]."  I mean really.  Who in this day an age uses that word?  I know he was raised with a racist family, but at this point it is his choice to not talk better.  So there was that and his terrible jokes, no one really finds that funny.  My cousins laugh at him when he's telling it because of the ridiculousness.

Christmas went on, eating dinner, cleaning up, my aunt doing dishes.  She continued doing dishes whilst the presents were opened.  Speaking of presents, my Uncle got us a nice bottle of Champagne, worth $150! it is just insane.

After my aunt left with her husband and super awkward son, it was nice hanging out with my cousins, Tom, Kathleen, and John, My Aunt Chris, and My Uncle Dave.  Oh, of course my direct family too.  We had a fun time just joking around.  

Once everyone else left, we chilled as a family and watched, The Santa Clause.  It was fun.  Then we all went our separate ways... Now I am here in my bed with my new TV and DVD player.  

Sadly though, I have found out that my good friend Danielle's mother might have pneumonia, or lung cancer.  The doctors are not sure yet.  :/  So Please keep her in your prayers!  The more the merrier!!

So That is this Christmas. I hope you have had a blessed and happy Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment