Sunday, December 23, 2012

A little more done with him

To help me with my life and thinking and whatnot, I see a therapist.  And I told her about my relationship with that boy, and the death of my Grandma and how I dealt with that and everything.  

When we knew my grandmother was going to die, there ended up being three priests there throughout the day to pray over her.  We knew the Chaplin at the hospital, he is my sister's friend's Dad.  He is also an Orthodox Priest. The main priest from our church came in the middle of the day and prayed over her with the Chaplin, and said some simple prayers.  Later in the evening the auxiliary priest came and gave my grandmother her last rights and also did a service for the departing of the soul.  That was very nice she was able to have all those prayers done for her by the priests. 

So that helps establish that I value religion and believe in a higher power. 

Now the boy does not have any sort of religion, and I had asked about if he believed in anything.  And he said no.  Then I asked if he believed in a higher power, and he said their could be.  Which I took that he thought there could be one, and he was agnostic.  So I asked him a bit later, asking if he believed in anything and he clarified for me that he truly believed in no higher power.  He doesn't believe there is anything out there. I don't understand how you don't believe in anything.  What does he thinks happen when someone dies?  What if we were together for good?  that wouldn't work out.  What if we had kids/  Would he be supportive/  because I want my kids to have some form of religion.  Preferably mine.  But I don't need to be making my mind up.  It's just something on the back-burner. 

I had doubt that he really didn't have absolutely anything.  Last night, around midnight the boy posted this:
"Sometimes I feel like I'll never get my parents to accept that I have no faith in any higher power whatsoever. I don't even want to change their views, but a little acceptance and recognition could go a long way."
 So that helped solidify the fact that we would not work out long term. 


No comments:

Post a Comment