Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hurray!

So Finally, after a couple weeks, I finally have my computer up and running! 

YAY! :D

And what happened you might ask?  
Well, Let me tell you. 

My one friend is really into the site 4chan, which is basically like reddit, but don't tell anyone I said that comparison. Apparently, the two of them are like rivals or something.  whatever. But He runs Linux as his OS, so when he restarts his computer, its like starting brand new - it deletes all the malware and spyware and cookies and everything when you restart it.  SO he sent me a link to the science board on it, and i naturally got curious and scrolled thru a few more, and clicked on something where I got some sort of malware onto my computer.  Through this piece of malware, I acquired more viruses.  

I eventually removed the malware, and Thought i removed the majority of the viruses.  But symantic kept popping up that it has found these .tmp files.  Which I tried to delete, but couldn't. 

So in trying to solve my problems, I downloaded like 4 more antivirus/antimalware programs.   One of them is called Avast!  and it was so annoying.  It kept popping up these notifications and was just a pain in my butt.  So to uninstall it you had to download this .exe file, then proceed to start your computer in safe mode.  My computer of course wouldn't comply, and It took forever to start in safe mode, of which I didn't even start it in safe mode, It was safe mode with networking.  But I was able to uninstall Avast!.  And then i started looking for all the .tmp files Symantic kept finding.  It turns out there were over 64 thousand different files.  All basically no bytes at all.  But in safe mode I was able to delete them all and get rid of them.  

So my computer is finally safe and can run properly (so  I think).

And that is the tale of my stupid computer, that I love so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment